Friday, May 25, 2012

Pagan Book Shelf- An Idea


A few moths ago I picked up a book I had purchased several years back. It was one of the many Pagan/Wiccan/Spiritual books I'd purchased at full price from Barnes and Nobles. At the time I scrimped the money it cost to purchase this book on the basis of a nice cover, a quick browse of the contents and a good feeling.

I was searching for a profound spiritual experience. The book however had since sat collecting dust on my shelf.

Life intervened and I did not have as much time to actively pursue my own quest to find enlightenment. Finally one day as I was cleaning up my library I was drawn back to the neglected book. I read the entire contents in a week, although it was a year and a day curriculum.

I began with the acknowledgments and devoured everything including the bibliography. I knew immediately this would be a cherished book and the beginning of something bigger for me.

An idea began clicking away in my head. The authors experience was not taken from one source but from many varied sources.

I wanted very much to know what inspired him, so I began purchasing these books in order of their reference. Many of these one would never find just sitting on a store shelf waiting to be purchased. These weren't cutesy spell books or books written just to entertain. These were volumes of written words laced with gems of enlightenment. Amazon or Ebay was a great source for many gently used older copies.

When you are a practicing solitary or new to the path, you rely on these books as GuidePosts. I collect these books so that one day my son and daughter might reference the material. Everything on my shelf I have read, some books I've purchased over the years have been real stinkers teaching irresponsible magick morals. Some have taken special precedence on my shelves.

People that choose the path I'm on, often do so with the greater good in mind. They are looking to help or heal. For years I wondered how I may best serve my path. Suddenly it is blindingly obvious.

I will read through these books listed in the bibliographies one by one and catalog and review them so that others may easier find what they are looking for. I can only hope that this information will be a GuidePost no matter what path one follows.

Provided will be a list of questions meant for study group or for the individual. A growing Data base will catalog the contents of each bibliography.

I hope along this journey to make many new friends among the readers, authors and the seekers of these innate spiritual wisdoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment