Monday, June 11, 2012

Update: Moving My Library

My home has a loft, and two additional floors.  On the main floor is the library.  This is a cozy one window room, painted in Autumnal hues, with a rich brown, red and orange patterned carpet.  A lovely little area with a rocker and a desk.  We have shelves of baby books for my daughter, shelves of teen books and books my son has grown out of, cook books, Gardening books, art books, drawing books, romance novels, Warcraft novels, history books, animal books, puzzles, magazines, but the biggest section is my collection of 'Spiritual Books'.

Under this category one would  find books on Wicca, Paganism, Norse Mythology, Familiars, reference books, Reiki books, kitchen witchery, mythologies, a copy of the Kuran, a copy of the Bible, etc.. I'm a firm believer in read alot and take a little from everything.  My tastes are eclectic.

I realized i outgrown my allotted space when I was double shelving my books.  They covered my desk entirely, and the pile was becoming unmanageable. So it was time for a change.

 I just couldn't part with my much beloved books.  That was simply not an option .  My son has also inherited this trait.  Once he unintentionally dropped a copy of Harry Potter in the toilet.   I told him it was trash and I would replace it.  He directly began sobbing.  That was when he was around 8, I'd like to think he's grown since then.  But I imagine if it was myself in his position, despite my age,  I might cry too if it was a book I loved.

We plan on eventually redoing the library with larger shelving and a better set up.  As with all home repairs it is currently not a financial priority.  In the meantime, my books are relocated in the loft, and I couldn't be happier.  I spend many nights up there once my daughter is asleep.  My new desk in place, the desktop computer nearby, and plenty of shelving to fill with my wonderful books....I'm content to type or read away my nights up there.

Happy Reading,
Nicole
AKA BookShelf




No comments:

Post a Comment