Monday, August 6, 2012

Grey Path, Author - Ray Nieman Voices on the Path


Voices on the Path-
A Collection of Interviews



Grey Path, Author

Ray Nieman





  • Name: Dr. Raymond E. Nieman Ph.D.
  • Facebook ID The.amber.adept@facebook.com
  • Email : Raymond.e.nieman@gmail.com
    First can you briefly tell us about yourself? What is your profession? Any special hobbies?
    I'm a historian and archaeologist. I'm am currently working on a book that covers the origins of civilization on this planet.

    When did you begin your path? What inspired you to walk this journey?
    1981

    Can you tell us a little about your path? How would you describe yourself?
    Grey Path. Basically, we follow a path that allows us the freedom to serve the greater good, not just any particular rule or rede. Most belong to groups as a safety measure but there are exceptions.

    Does the path you've chosen affect your profession? If so, how?
    It doesn't really. Since I'm primarily a researcher, I work alone or with my research assistant. We share a common path so neither of us care.

    Is community important to you, or do you prefer to express you beliefs as a solitary?
    If I didn't think I'd get killed or something, I'd be far more open. I live in the South with is mostly hostile-Christian. The bias down here towards non-Christians is intense. We can lose our children to the state, get fired because of our beliefs, or be force-ably committed to a mental institution if we have the "delusion" of being a witch. We can also lose our homes if our Christian landlord sees something as innocent as an altar. In these cases, we usually have no recourse.

    Are you associated with any organizations, volunteer work, or groups that support your spiritual beliefs?
    While there are some in the surrounding areas, there is none in my particular city that I am aware of. I would if such existed. I did try to join one but it disbanded shortly after I joined.

    Would you say your path has been an easy or difficult journey? Any advice for someone new to this path?
    It's difficult. While most Pagan Paths in America seem to be light or dark oriented, my path walks the middle line. We serve balance, not any particular side. Our belief is that balance must be maintained in all things, be they physical, emotional, or magickal. Thus we often involve ourselves in things others would leave be. We don't follow a rede or set of rules save to keep people out of harms way. We police our own so nobody can decide to cause grief in whatever form.

    I invite you here to share any information you find important that we may have missed in our questions.
    I am currently working on a book outlining the origins of civilization on earth. Man has been on this earth, in his present form, for about 200,000 years. I find it odd that out of all that time, it took them 195,000 years to work out how to build a city. New discoveries made recently now make this clear. Obviously, we're missing something or the place we're looking for isn't accessible any more.


    Finally, what three books would you say most influenced your path.
    There are no books that cover my path, at least none that I'm aware of. It was a personal choice made years ago when I was but an initiate in a Lodge in the UK. It's a rather hard concept the grasp, really. Those who do generally understand the concept of "Greater Good". Sadly that's gone by the wayside in the last century and a quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment