Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wiccan - Ethan Pulka Voices on the Path


Voices on the Path-
A Collection of Interviews


Wiccan
Ethan Pulka



Email:Paganbeergod@gmail.com
Website: www.houseofgg.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/houseofgg

First can you briefly tell us about yourself? What is your profession? Any special hobbies?
My name is Ethan, I am a Wind technician. I work on wind and solar electric generators. I organized a Farmers Market and community garden in my city. My hobbies are playing guitar and helping the community.
When did you begin your path? What inspired you to walk this journey?
I began my path when I was in my early 20’s. My mom always had a spiritual side that I noticed was different. I found Wicca and learned this is a path I would like to journey on. 
I started out as solitary but found out I learned more from groups, so I started organizing groups to learn off each other. 
Can you tell us a little about your path? How would you describe yourself?
I am wiccan, and most people laugh at that. When you look at the Rede, lots of people do not seem to understand the ‘Do what ye will’ part. This does not mean you have to read a book to know everything. It means you need to find the path that best suits you. First off, you need to know what your intent is and then think within yourself to know how you can focus on the intent. That is Magick. 

Does the path you've chosen affect your profession? If so, how?
The Path I chosen does not affect my profession in anyway. I run my own business and love the fact that I am pushing something that can benefit the earth and people together.

Is community important to you or do you prefer to express you beliefs as a solitary? Community is very important to me, I have had to fight townships for our right to gather and also school others on what our beliefs are. I personally feel being a solitary is not an option in wicca beliefs. Why? Cause we are meant to pass on teachings to others. How did we learn that some herbs were poisonous and others were not? Because, our ancestors passed this knowledge along. If you just hoard all your magical energy then why even gain it?

Are you associated with any organizations, volunteer work, or groups that support your spiritual beliefs?
I am president of House of Goddess and God, a 501c3 certified church. We have many different believers in our church. We all gather for the sabbats and have a merry time.

Would you say your path has been an easy or difficult journey? Any advice for someone new to this path?
My path is not your path. You have to come up with your own inner path to be a successful pagan/wiccan. Reading a book, does not make you a pagan. Just because you have a ‘Guide’ you think you have to follow like a book is not what pagans ever did or will believe. 

When you have personal magical happenings and interaction with the god/goddess then you will see what your own path is that you choose. 

Support your local pagan groups, they may not be perfect. But you can learn more from others then you can sitting alone. 

Do not assume you know someone only because someone told you about a person, get to know that person before you make accusations.

Finally, what three books would you say most influenced your path?
Scott Cunningham- Guide to Solitary Practitioner
Kerr Cuhulan – Wiccan Warrior
Amber K – Covencraft

No comments:

Post a Comment