Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pagan Gamer Lily- Voices on the Path

Voices on the Path-
A Collection of Interviews 



So I've known you for many years, but to give everyone else some insight how long have you been on your spiritual path?

I'd like to think we are on a path our whole lives, and the path twists and turns as we live our life experience. I started really focusing on my spirituality around the age of puberty(which for me was 13). It was then that the information flowed more freely, and I met friends and family that helped me along my way.

How would you describe the journey you've taken, where you began, where you are now and where you'd like to be?

At this age I can say my study of Witchcraft began. My sister originally told me about it, but she knew very little and much was based off of movies and fantasy. Around this time my parents divorced and my mother remarried. My step sister was already into Witchcraft when I met her, and I feel we mutually piqued each others interest. We started to experiment with spells and ritual, and it was at this point I became a sponge, sucking up every book, consuming every guide. Eventually I met some wonderful friends in this process and we started a Circle. It was very eclectic and relaxed and it fit us well at the time. That was about 2008. My path took a very different direction and the Circle parted ways that year, which while at first I was very sad...it gave me an experience I never yet had the opportunity to do before...solitary practicing. Since that time I have slowly drifted from a regimented or labeled belief system, and more to a free-flowing Universalism approach. I'd like to be, now and for the future, in a constant state of allowing and attraction. Mastering my fate and my joy.

Do you work with others or take more of a solitary path?

Currently my work is mainly for the self but I always have a desire to help others find the information they seek. While I can't walk their path for them, I can provide resources, intellectual and open-minded conversation, and unwavering support during this process.

Specifically, I want to talk to you about your online Gaming presence in World of Warcraft. Can you please tell us a little about the game and it's structure?

World of Warcraft is an Online Massive Multiplayer Role-Playing Game. Meaning, you create a character and give it personality, adventure and gain experience, all the while playing with others reaching towards the same goal. There is a group dynamic called guilds, where you can make a name for your group and seek out other like-minded individuals and create your own community in the game.

How did you come to meet other spiritually like minded people in the game? Can you tell us a little about the different types of people you've met?

I felt like there was more to this game than the game itself, it's the people that make it memorable. One day I was thinking, "I'd like to meet more spiritually open people here, there's got to be some way..." So began the creation of my interfaith guild, The Mystic Circle. I started to recruit...and wow, did I find some wonderful people. Right off the bat I was chatting with Pagans, Shamans, Mystics, Heathens, etc. and they all told me the same thing, how amazing and unique it was to use WoW as a forum for our faith. 

I know you have brought this group of people together and are planning online rituals? Can you tell us more about what you'll be doing during this ritual and what you'll be celebrating?

Our next planned ritual will be a combined Full Moon/Lammas ritual. At a soon to be determined location, we will gather and celebrate. I plan to select guild mates on a first come-first served basis on who wants to call what corner/element/direction. Once the circle is formed, we will discuss the meaning of harvest. The circle will then be allowed to come forward with requests for raising energy. Any and all will be allowed to contribute stories, spells, etc. After everyone's needs have been met, we close the circle and partake in some in-game cakes and wine. At this time we also suggest our literal players to go grab a snack. More details will come closer to the date but that is a general description.

Is this an open ritual, and if someone involved in the game wants to join how would they go about contacting you?

For this moment in time our Lammas ritual will be open to guild mates only. Only reason for this is because there are a few players in the game that will love nothing more than to disrupt a scene. I regularly advertise the guild in public chat, and I invite freely to anyone who wants to join. As our guild continues to grow and get to know one another, a public ritual may be in the works in the near future!


Any further insight you'd like to share?


I'd like to close with not only a thank you for the interview, but a thank you for the opportunity to shed some more light on a less common but wonderful nonetheless practice of online ritual and spiritual discussion. Any realm of entertainment can serve as an "outside the box" arena for creativity and expression, all it takes is some imagination and innovation.

For more information:

No comments:

Post a Comment