Saturday, July 28, 2012

Asatru Saxon Pagan - Tyler Bryan Voices on the Path


Voices on the Path-
A Collection of Interviews


Asatru Saxon Pagan
Tyler Bryan



 I consider myself to be an Asatru (Belief in the Norse Gods)/ Saxon Pagan. My ancestry goes back to the times of Odinism and the common Saxon theology, which is why it affects me so deeply. Yggdrasil and the 9 Primordial Worlds are the prime center of my path, and the denizens of Asgard and Vanaheim are primarily who I worship. I am a believer in Wyrd or Fate, and value my words and steps that I take every day. Odin, the All-Father, is my patron and guide to what he calls "Moderate Wisdom." Thor gives me strength and the drive to achieve my goals. I divine with the Runes and apply them within spellwork and my everyday life. All of this brings me great joy, and I can't wait to see where the path takes me.

I have been on this path for almost 2 years. It feels like I've been doing it my entire life. Maybe I have, and I just never stopped for a minute to realize.

The support of my partner, and the love of my life. Lily opened the door for me with Runes, and I walked inside. It all came together so quickly. Her continued love and support for my life work is one of many things about her that brings me joy.

I feel less rigid and more loose about how I talk to the Gods and cast Runes. I let words flow outward without struggle, and read Runes like the sunday paper. As I continue down my path, I will learn more and more. I will attain more knowledge and become a wiser person. I would like to eventually build a House or Clan/Family for my very close Asatru/Pagan kin. It will happen one day, and I have lots of time to make it happen.

I currently work for MedExpress Urgent Care Center as a Radiologic Technologist. It's one of the most diverse positions that I've ever been a part of. They have taught me the entirety of the MA/CNA practice and the doctors I work with have taught me so much about medicine. I know that I like where I work because I don't EVER roll out of bed in the morning saying "I really don't like going into work."

I find that one should go into a workplace as neutral as possible, and as professional as possible. If I wear my Thor's Hammer, it is behind me shirt where it is not seen. I may wear a ring, but not while I'm doing any medical procedures. People receive you better when you come to them as a blank slate, with no bias in one direction or the other. It also draws less attention towards you. I have great love for people, and I understand that when they walk into the door of the facility they aren't exactly feeling well. I give them the utmost respect and treat them as if they were my own family. I follow many virtues in my spiritual path that totally apply in the workplace.

I started off extremely solitary, and I found much joy in it. As I continue down my path, I enjoy talking with others and experiencing what they see and feel. It gives me a better perspective on what is out in the world. I have friends from many different creeds, so working in groups is never trouble. I currently have a page on Pagan-Place named Runemender or Wotan Grey(One of many names I go by) , which is how I primarily connect with a broad variety of pagan communities. A lot of discussion forums and neat people.

Value your words as if you value the air you breath. How and where you project your voice determines what you receive from the universe. 

Norse Runes by Paul Rhys Mountfort, Teutonic Magic by Kveldulf Gundarsson, and the Havamal.



No comments:

Post a Comment