Monday, July 30, 2012

Native American Spirituality/Kitchen Witch -Gina Elaine Voices on The Path


Voices on the Path-
A Collection of Interviews



Native American Spirituality/Kitchen Witch
Gina Elaine

email: simoriah_angel@yahoo.com

First can you briefly tell us about yourself? What is your profession? Any special hobbies?

35 year old single female working in a call center for Customer Care. Aside from attending as many Pagan events as I can, I like camping, the outdoors, and music festivals (when I have the cash).

When did you begin your path? What inspired you to walk this journey? I found a book at a friend's house called, "Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft" by Raymond Buckland. Reading those pages made me feel something for a religion I have never felt before. I certainly never felt this "welcome" in a Catholic church.

Can you tell us a little about your path? How would you describe yourself?
Definitely eclectic kitchen witch, mostly focusing on Native American Spirituality. (I tend to stay away from the word "Shaman" for a reason.)
'
Does the path you've chosen affect your profession? If so, how?

I can't say it has totally affected my job. It has made me a more patient person by a mile. It also helps in preventing burnout at my job. Then again, I'm naturally good at Customer Care.

Is community important to you, or do you prefer to express you beliefs as a solitary?

About 6 years ago, I started to go to different Pagan groups. Though I do a lot of work as a solitary, I love to celebrate different holiday rituals in a group.

Are you associated with any organizations, volunteer work, or groups that support your spiritual beliefs?

I circle with a local coven, along with the groups "Hands of Change" and "Red Oak Grove".

Would you say your path has been an easy or difficult journey? Any advice for someone new to this path?

It wasn't always easy. I have been harassed in public over my beliefs; I have been told to take off my "Devil's pendent" in public and "Why did you paint a "Devil's Star" on your work desk? For me, what always works is killing people with kindness. Oh, and eventually you learn a) not to care what other people think and b) what situations you choose to reveal your Paganness and how much. Oh, I would love to look like a Hippie Dirt Worshiper all the time but people judge. And is it work losing a job over?

Finally, what three books would you say most influenced your path.
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham (actually both this and the "Further Guide")
To stir a Magick Cauldron by Silver Ravenwolf (I was more advanced when I finally discovered Silver Ravenwolf as an author).
The Circle Within: Creating a Wiccan Spiritual Tradition" Dianne Sylvan. I HIGLY recommend "The Body Sacred" for any female witches.

No comments:

Post a Comment