Saturday, July 28, 2012

Witch, Wiccan Pagan - High Priestess Char Voices on The Path


Voices on the Path-
A Collection of Interviews




Witch, Wiccan Pagan
High Priestess Char


First can you briefly tell us about yourself? What is your profession? Any special hobbies?
I work in quality assurance for a telemarketing company.
I love to learn ,so I read a lot, and I am in to music I sing, play violin,piano, and guitar.

When did you begin your path? What inspired you to walk this journey?
It actually started when  was a teen, but I got serious about when 22 just before my daughter was born about 1995.

Can you tell us a little about your path? How would you describe yourself?
Yes, I'm an eclectic  Wiccan  which means I  brace many Wiccan pagan paths.
It's almost like being a Unitarian ,but with pagan religions.(all pagan types)
I tell people I am a witch- wiccan and pagan,mostly I tell them I'm just me Char. 

Does the path you've chosen affect your profession? If so, how?
No, religion has nothing to do with my job, I would not work in a place that religion was more important than the job or the person you are.

Is community important to you, or do you prefer to express you beliefs as a solitary?

Community is very important, humans  want to interact with people who have things in common.
That's why we love facebook and meetup up. I love that you can reach out if you need help with solstice ideas or events and others in the wiccan/pagan/psychic community will help you. That's why I'm big on the Internet and in my area. sense I have started my coven ,I have brought more people out of the shadows here in Utah county ,UT . many were afraid of the Mormon church, or there family. Fear is just that Fear,and We have freedom of religion .So, help each other ,reach out, be apart of a coven, All are Welcome at Star Coven of Wicca.

Are you associated with any organizations, volunteer work, or groups that support your spiritual beliefs?
Well I run Star Coven of Wicca, Wiccan Paranormal, Norton/Mcgowan clan Genealogy ,And American council of witches. I am a member of the black and white hat society,and many other organizations( see the attachment) and egroups.We support many charities in many ways, I give  donation, money, food, clothing,and toys support the lgbt community of Utah as well..We do volunteer work when we can. 

Would you say your path has been an easy or difficult journey? Any advice for someone new to this path?
I feel this is hard path to choose, but once you embrace it ,you find it's really easy path to follow.
My advice to  someone who is new to this path ,make sure to soak up all the knowledge you can, and being in a reputable coven or Wiccan /pagan group helps.Talk to people online like you that help too.

I invite you here to share any information you find important that we may have missed in our questions.
I would like to tell other wiccan/pagans, We are all one, we, need to be open, and embrace, help each other, as other religions do. All of us should join America Council of witches and be on witches vox. Never be afraid of who you are. Oh, I'm a psychic and I can help you that way, I do readings and help with the paranormal too.

Finally, what three books would you say most influenced your path.
D.J. Conway's Celtic Magic,The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells,Vampires in Their Own Words: An Anthology of Vampire Voices( there rules help me shape my groups and coven ,they have a great community that helps each other which I wanted for wiccan/pagans as well)

https://sites.google.com/site/officialstarcovenofwiccaandwpa/  - my offical websites for Star Coven of Wicca


https://plus.google.com/u/0/109113180355041096212/about -Reverend High Priestess Char Norton on Google (this has a listing of all the sites we are on)


No comments:

Post a Comment